Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pesky Bugs...

I'm on my way out to see if my garden is doing any better. I'm a bit hesitant to go look. For some reason my plants aren't growing like they have in the years past. A few weeks ago, I was irritated to find plants that looked like lace leaves. This was due to some little creepy crawling or flying pest eating holes in my Napa Cabbages, White headed cabbages, and various other lettuces.

I planted half of my garden from seeds and they GREW! There was a new place in town that I bought the other half of my pre- grown plants from this year. They were nice when I bought them. They all already had some form of fruit or veggie growing. Although, they still have the little nubs of veggies or fruits, they haven't grown much. Ok, lets just admit it now... they are absolutely puny looking!

To make matters worse, ALL of my lettuces and cabbage varieties  are being eaten to pieces! I applied something to keep the bugs off  a little under 3 weeks ago that said I couldn't harvest anything for 21 days, so I've been waiting... and waiting... and waiting. Yet, those darn pests are taking over and by the time 21 days have passed, there'll be nothing left of them!


I have fertilized, treated and even picked bugs off the leaves. So what is going on this year in my garden?! 
Several of my friends who are gardening have plants that are growing like bean stalks! As in Jack and the Bean Stalk and they aren't being eaten into into oblivion! So what possibly could be the issue?

Did I plant too early? Did I plant too late? Did I take too long before I applied the insecticides? Was the insecticide not potent enough or was it simply not any good since it was from last year? Do we simply have an unnatural bug infestation this year in this region?

Obviously, I don't have these answers. I am going to get to the bottom of it though! So help me! Oh My poor dear plants! Dying too young.!

Here I am, going out to investigate and to see what I can do.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment